Regardless of your feelings on Valentine’s day (speaking of which, check out my friend Alyssa’s Vday posts) these M&M pretzel treats are the perfect combination of sweet and salty. They’re a fantastic gift for a special someone, your best friend, mom, dad, brother, sister, or you, so do yourself a favor and make some tonight!
They really couldn’t be much simpler, you line a bunch of pretzels up on a baking sheet, top them with the chocolate disks, and then put them in the oven for a few minutes until the chocolate melts.
Then you take ’em out of the oven and put an M&M on top and let them cool until the chocolate re-hardens. It’s that easy!
I’ve been making these for every holiday for a few years now (just buy the holiday colored M&Ms and they work for any occasion). Usually I use these white chocolate discs because I think they look prettier than regular chocolate and they’re really easy, but recently on Pinterest I’ve seen them made with Hershey’s kisses or hugs (which look super cool) where you just push down the tip with the M&M, and you can also use any color of candy coating wafers.
It’s also really easy to get fancy and jazz these up by decorating the chocolate disks with colored sugar or sprinkles when they come out of the oven.
As you can see, they’re super super super simple and very easy to personalize. Plus everyone I’ve ever given them to LOVES them, so make them now, you can thank me later.
M&M Pretzel Treats
White Chocolate Disks (or any color candy melts, or Hershey’s kisses/hugs)
Colored Sugar or Sprinkles (optional for decorating)
– Preheat the oven to 200 ºF
– Line the pretzels up on a baking sheet
– Place one chocolate disk on top of each pretzel
– Put the tray in the oven for a few minutes, until the chocolate is semi-melted
– Remove from the oven and immediately place an M&M on top of each disk
– If decorating, sprinkle the sugar and/or sprinkles on top of the chocolate
– Allow the pretzel treats to cool while the chocolate re-hardens