I absolutely love salmon, and the recipe I have for you today is the pretty much the easiest, and most delicious way I’ve ever seen to prepare it. The first time I had this salmon was at my boyfriend’s house when his mom made it for dinner, and since then I’ve made it quite a lot. You should make some tonight, I can almost guarantee it will become one of your favorites too!
The salmon itself only has 3 ingredients: salmon, brown sugar, and cracked pepper.
I use this cracked pepper blend from Wegmans, but rough cracked pepper of any kind would work.
You just cover the salmon with brown sugar, sprinkle with the pepper, and put it in the oven. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
This recipe really is delicious, the brown sugar caramelizes over the salmon and the spice from the pepper complements the sweet very nicely. I like to serve it with a side of teamed veggies for the perfect dinner.
Salmon with Brown Sugar and Pepper
4 salmon filets (4-6 oz each)
no stick cooking spray or olive oil
8 tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons cracked pepper
– Preheat oven to 400 °F
– Place salmon skin side down on a lightly greased baking sheet or casserole dish
– Cover the tops of the filets with brown sugar (about 2 tablespoons per filet)
– Sprinkle the brown sugar topped salmon with cracked pepper (about 1 teaspoon per filet)
– Place the baking sheet in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until salmon is done.
– Transfer to plates and serve