I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t like chicken parm, I mean, it’s a pretty delicious food, how could you not love it? Whether it be in chicken and pasta form or chicken sub form, the combination of breaded chicken, cheese, and tomato sauce is clearly a winner, so here’s a recipe so you can make it yourself.
Pound out some boneless, skinless chicken breasts so they’re pretty flat.
Then set up a battering station, egg in one bowl, and flour/seasoning mixture in another.
After you dredge the chicken in the egg and then the bread crumb mixture put it in a pan with some hot oil and let it cook.
Then flip it over and cook the other side.
Then cover it with cheese and put it in the oven.
Serve it up covered in tomato sauce (feel free to make your own, I was lazy and just warmed up a jar of sauce) with a side of spaghetti, or in a nice sub roll, whichever your heart desires!
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup wheat germ (or additional bread crumbs)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning (basil, oregano, parsley)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt & pepper
8 oz mozzarella cheese – shredded
1 box spaghetti (I used whole grain)
48 oz. jar spaghetti sauce (or make your own)
– Preheat the oven to 400 ºF
– Place the chicken breast in a plastic bag one at a time and pound until thin
– Crack eggs into a shallow bowl and beat
– In another bowl mix the bread crumbs, wheat germ, Parmesan cheese, and spices
– Cover the bottom of a large skillet with canola oil and heat
– Working one at a time, dip the chicken breasts into the egg wash, then coat with the bread crumb mixture and place in the hot oil, cooking for 3-5 minutes on each side until gold brown
– Place fried chicken breasts on large baking sheet, when all the chicken is fried, sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese, cover with the shredded mozzarella and place the baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes
– Cook spaghetti according to box directions
– Heat spaghetti sauce (or make your own)
– Remove chicken from oven and serve with spaghetti and sauce, garnishing with Parmesan cheese if desired