Need a simple dinner after a busy work week? May I suggest Parmesan Pasta with Veggies. It’s super easy and super delicious!
First saute some garlic in olive oil with Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, parsley).
Meanwhile cook some penne (or any other pasta you have on hand) according to the box directions, reserving one cup of the pasta water before draining. To the garlic skillet add some veggies of your choice, I used frozen broccoli and bell peppers, but you can use any combination of fresh or frozen veggies you like.
After the veggies are cooked, stir in the pasta.
Add Parmesan cheese, the reserved cooking water, lemon zest and juice, and salt & pepper.
Finally, stir in some frozen peas and let the pasta cook until the cheese is melted and the peas and warm.
Serve it up, and enjoy!
Parmesan Pasta and Veggies
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, parsley)
1 pound penne pasta
2 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen)
2 cups bell pepper strips (fresh or frozen)
1 cup frozen peas
1 lemon – zest and juice
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste
– Saute the garlic in the olive oil with with the Italian seasoning
– Meanwhile cook the pasta according to box directions, reserving one cup of cooking water before draining
– After the garlic is tender add in the broccoli and bell peppers
– When the veggies are cooked through stir in the pasta
– Add the Parmesan cheese, reserved cooking water, lemon juice & zest, and salt & pepper
– Stir in the frozen peas
– Cook for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted, the peas are warm, and everything is combined
– Serve the pasta, topping with extra cheese if desired