Who doesn’t love pizza? No one, right (at least no sane person…)? I love making pizzas at home so I can put on whatever toppings I like. Plus it is super quick and simple to make pizza at home! This past week my friends and I got to together to study for an exam and decided to make BBQ Chicken Pizza for dinner (because no study party is complete without food). I buy refrigerator pizza crust (the Pillsbury kind from the pull apart can) and then top with sauce, cheese, and toppings as suits my mood, for the BBQ chicken pizza we went with BBQ sauce, Mexican shredded cheese, sauteed peppers and onions, and shredded chicken, yummm!
First spread the dough onto a greased baking sheet and top with some olive oil and garlic powder and then toss it in the oven.
Saute some red onions and bell peppers until they’re softened.
After a few minutes take out the baked dough and cover it with some BBQ sauce and shredded cheese.
Add some chicken.
And top with the onions and peppers.
Put it back in the oven until the cheese is melty and delicious.
Serve it up and enjoy!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
pizza dough (I used Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust, in the refrigerator aisle)
extra virgin olive oil
1 small red onion – sliced
2 bell peppers – sliced
1 cup BBQ sauce
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1 chicken breast – shredded
– Roll the dough out onto a greased baking sheet, cover with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and bake according to packaged instructions
– Saute the peppers and onion in a tablespoon of olive oil
– After the crust is done spread with the BBQ sauce and top with shredded cheese
– Add the chicken to the pizza and place the peppers and onions on top
– Return to the oven according to package directions and cook until the cheese is melted
– Cut and serve